Constructed in 1935 The Savoy Cinema, Nottingham was built in an art-deco style with curved frontage. It was opened on 7 November 1935 by Lenton Picture House Ltd, a consortium of local businessmen.
The latest refurbishment was made to Screen One, which hadn't been adapted significantly since the 1960s. More space has been created between each seat which intern has reduced the screen's capacity from 375 to 300. This new layout has created better viewing angles for the cinema-goers.
The Paragon 755 cinema seat was the chosen seat for this refurbishment, as the cinema operator needed the seat to reflect the period and style of the screen's interior.
A supremely comfortable chair, the Paragon 755 comes with customisable armrests and pleasing aesthetics.
We were also asked to design and develop a bespoke twin 'love' seat, which included retractable armrests, cupholders and Probax seating technology.
- leather headrest for extended durability
- no finger traps
- silent tip-up mechanism
- multi-angled positioned backrest
- blow-moulded foam with tubular steel frame
- sprung seat for extra comfort
- flammability bs 5852 2006
- wider backrest option
- 8 cupholder options